Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why Japanese?

As people ask me "what classes are you taking?", I always get the same response once I name my classes. "Japanese? Why are you taking Japanese?" The answer to this question is simple and exampled in every class that I take. Japanese is just simply different and not many people are stepping up to the challenge of doing abnormal things. Of course, the uniqueness of the language is not my only reason for being in the class. In addition to that, I want to fully immerse myself into the Japanese culture with the study abroad option in the second semester of my Sophomore year. One of my life goals is to experience as many countries as possible while enjoying the individuality of each culture. So the question of "Why are you taking Japanese?" never bothers me as I know that the key to success is to not be afraid to be just a little different.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful idea to try to experience other culture, and I too want to spend some time in Japan in the future. Hopefully this class would be of great help to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your reasons on why you are learning Japanese are, themselves, as you put it, very abnormal. I think many people are very much intimidated by new cultures and languages, especially the Asian languages. So overcoming this is important for successful world globalization and cooperation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the path less traveled! I like it!

    I also think it's great that you are taking a class that not many people see the value of. And also like you, I would also like to travel and see as many countries as possible! I have been to Turkey twice, and it was amazing and you need to go!

    Japaneses isn't gonna be easy, but at least we're all in this together! *insert horrible High School Musical Music*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I like the reason why you chose to take Japanese because I can relate to it too. I think part of what makes life fun is the ability to step outside of our boundaries and get challenged.

    ReplyDelete